She is Bimla, a successful member of Rachna SHG in Kanhpur village of Salon block in Amethi district. She is land less woman belonging to SC social category. There are seven members in her family. Her three daughters are married after getting primary education. She is cultivating 1.5 bigha of land on batai basis (lease). She was extremely poor before joining SHG. Her SHG was formed in 2007 and it is running well. After coming in to the group she has taken following financial support from her group:
- Rs 40,000 for purchase of pigs and started piggery activity
- Rs 10, 000 for purchase of pig food like brawn, straw etc.
- Rs 15, 000 again for sourcing food items for pigs
- Rs 20, 000 for agriculture
- Rs 40, 000 for construction of house
- Rs 20, 000 for marriage of daughter and also for agriculture
This family is totally involved in Piggery occupation. She has been selling pigs worth Rs 40, 000 to Rs. 50, 000 every year.
The above are major transactions of Bimla in the SHG and she has availed more than what has been shown above.
At present she is having 31 pigs with her, which is worth more than Rs. 1.5 lakh. From piggery activity and agriculture, income of family increased and it has come out of poverty. Family members are very happy. She is an illiterate housewife. Her husband supports in running piggery business and she has highest faith in her SHG giving it utmost importance.
C S Pandey and P S Mohanan, 8th March 2019