183. (March 26, 2019) : Economic Empowerment of Sona Devi:
Sona Devi is a successful member of Sharda SHG under RGMVP in Tarsada village of Shahgarh block and her economic empowerment is visible looking into her family status. Her SHG was formed in 2005. Family of Sona comprises of four members i.e. her husband, wife and two daughters. She has two bigha of land. Prior to coming in to the group, her economic condition was very poor. However, she changed it through the support of her SHG.
She took loans from SHG on various occasions and invested the money wisely.
- She started a dairy activity by rearing buffalo by availing loan three times. The loan amounts were Rs 5, 000, 19, 000 and Rs 25, 000 respectively.
- She took another loan of Rs 3, 000 and added a cow in her dairy activity.
- Her land was not developed for cultivation. She took loan of Rs. 10, 000 for leveling and developing it suitable for cultivation.
- To establish and expand kirana cum galla shop, she took loan of Rs 40, 000 in four installments i.e. Rs. 5, 000, Rs. 5, 000, Rs. 10, 000 and Rs 20000.
Now she is having three income generation activities i.e. dairy, agriculture and kirana shop. Family of Sona is out of poverty and family members are very happy. Through she is educated only up to 5th standard, she made best efforts to educate her daughters. The eldest daughter is married after high school and the 2nd daughter has done M.A. She is treasurer of Laxmi Mahila Gram Sangthan and deeply involved in social work. She gives very high weightage for her success to her SHG.
C S Pandey and P S Mohanan, 26 March 2019