I 204. (April 5, 2019): Nirmala : SHG provides her financial security:
She is Nirmala, a successful woman of Saraswati SHG in Manshahpur village of Musafirkhana block in Amethi district. She has seven members in her family. Nirmala is illiterate but now after joining group she can sign. She has one bigha of land. Family of Nirmala was facing much poverty before coming in to the group. After joining the group she has taken total financial assistance of Rs 40, 000 for various activities as under:
- Rs 5,000 for agriculture.
- Rs 10, 000 for purchase of buffalo.
- Rs 5, 000 for chat and chaumin business on a hired pushcart paying Rs 50 as hire charges daily. Her son is selling the chat on the side of the road and earning around Rs 1, 000 daily.
- Rs 5, 000 towards marriage of her 1st daughter.
- Rs 15, 000 in the marriage of 2nd daughter.
From the three income generation activities i.e. sale of milk, chat business and agriculture, family has come out of poverty and family members are very happy. This transformation has taken place because of her SHG, which is running well for the last 8 years.
C S Pandey and P S Mohanan, 5th April 2019