195. (March 30, 2019): Rajkumari becomes main bread earner of the family:
She is Rajkumari, a successful member of Sundaram SHG in Dandupur village of Amethi block in Amethi district. There are six members in this family i.e. husband, wife and 4 sons. Family has less than 5 biswa of land and was very poor. She was an illiterate housewife. She faced all sort of discrimination that women in villages are subjected to. As the family did not have any income from agriculture, the day-to-day life depended on income from casual labor.
After joining the group in 2005, she started feeling less burdened. Self worth and self-esteem increased. She started saving and that gave tremendous confidence. She has taken cumulative financial assistance of Rs 39, 000 on 7 occasions for different activities as under:
- Rs 7, 000 for purchase of cow for sale of milk
- Rs 5, 000 for purchase of goats
- Rs. 3,000 again for buying more goats
- Rs. 4, 000 for supplementing goat rearing activity
- Rs. 7, 000 again for goat rearing activity.
- Rs 10, 000 for treatment.
- Rs 3, 000 for purchase of fodder/straw for cow.
From the two income generation activities i.e. sale of cow milk and goat rearing, family has come out of poverty. She is the main reason for the change in the economic status of the family. She has deep faith in SHG. She is educating all her children and her SHG is running well.
C S Pandey and P S Mohanan, 30 March 2019